“Used Using People” is complete.
Cycle One: PUTREFACTION/THE BREAKING OF THE SKIN.
As the production of the record “Used Using People” draws to an end, AND the “BRADLEY THE BUYER” project/branding experiment hangs in the balance of leaning towards a permanent hiatus, I’d like to share a few realizations that have dawned on me, much in the way the LVX dawns upon the weary mage in times of the utmost desperation or dull tedium (also called “the dark night of the soul” by some.)
1. Things are not always as they seem.
2. Your friends are the ones who will help you pick up the pieces and will be there while you put yourself together.
3. Be good to the people who are there for you while you are at the bottom. They will be there when you are on your way back down. Don’t kick out rungs while you climb your ladder.
4. Cats make better friends than people do.
That having been said, “USED USING PEOPLE” is perhaps the final experiment in metafiction using the “BRADLEY THE BUYER” (tm!) fictional device. We have explored this narrative thoroughly and exhausted all possible directions in which it can go, and I feel now that it may be time to move on.
SEVERAL POINTS OF INTEREST:
1. In the immortal words of Frank Black, “I’M NOT DEAD, I’M IN PITTSBURGH.”
2. This record specifically ties into the short novella I co-wrote with my friend James Curcio with whom I am currently staying entitled “THE 404 DOCUMENTS”, which can be purchased HERE. This novella thoroughly explores the motives of the character and persona of Bradley the Buyer in a way that can’t be written or spelled out through music. James has co-written several of the songs and mastered the entire record. He also executed the design of the record packaging and art. The album is a part of the series of products brought to you by the Mythos Media Conglomerate, bringing you the finest in interactive, transgressive and immersive multi-media experiences.
3. This is not the end. Await further developments and the next cycle of growth. Remember, flowers grow from compost heaps.